I made this soup 2 weeks ago and unfortunately I made only half the recipe. It’s so good. I should have made the whole recipe.
It’s a great filling soup. It was perfect for lunch.
Italian Sausage and Eggplant Soup
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I used spicy italian sausage)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 8 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 carrots, scraped and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt (no salt for me)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Brown the sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles; drain.
- Add the olive oil and onion. Cook over medium heat until the onion is getting tender. Add the garlic and continue to cook until tender.
- Add eggplant, cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add the tomato and the next 8 ingredients (up to the oregano leaves, stopping before the wine); bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 2 hours. (Stir occasionally).
- Stir in wine, macaroni, and pepper; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until the pasta is done.
- Ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Top each serving with grated Parmesan cheese.
My son got 5 years old on October 24. We celebrated him at the daycare on the Friday.
And on Saturday my boyfriend’s father invited us to celebrate him. On this photo it’s my mom and me.
Hi 🙂 It’s been a while since I posted. I was on vacation for the last two weeks. One day we decided to buy a new kitten. So we spent almost 6 hours trying to find a cat we would like. And we finally chose this little kitten that is so adorable. We name him Garfield because of his color and also cause my son likes to watch this movie.
Then we went to visit my parents in Lac-Megantic (small town in Quebec).
The lake is beautiful :
If you want to see more photos click here.
We also visited Omega park in Montebello, near Gatineau. It’s amazing there. The animals are great. We saw wolves, my boyfriend was so happy as it’s his favorite animal besides cats. I still haven’t have the time to upload the photo. After we visited the Montebello Castle. Wow! So impressive!
To see more photo click here.
And we also made a few trips to Ikea. We changed our bed, duvet cover and my got also a duvet cover (he wanted this one so much that the next day we went back without him to buy him).
I haven’t cook a lot during my vacation. And when I did, I didn’t always took photo.
I made this bacon recipe, so wonderful. But again I didn’t take a photo. You really have to try this.
We also made these Garlic Lemon Potatoes on the bbq. My boyfriend really loved them.
I made these Vegetable Quesadillas. So yummy and easy to do.
My son is now at a new daycare. A big one. They are 10 in his group. He was used to go at a familial daycare with only 5 kids but the last months they were only 3. He really likes this new daycare.
Have a nice weekend 🙂 I’m going to cook wonderful recipes this weekend. I have full of tomatoes and cucumbers to use from my garden. Do you have great recipes to use tomatoes / cucumbers? I have to find different recipes. 🙂
On Monday morning, we planted the veggies we bought and put seeds for carrots, sugar snap peas, green beans and green onion. My son put the seeds in the holes. It was really hot and humid to do that on Monday morning. I can’t wait to see all these veggies. I’ll have lots of tomatoes, I bought 4 different kinds.
It was after his bath and my boyfriend put his hair up in the airs.
For Valentine’s Day I wanted to buy a special dessert. I wanted it to have hearts on it or have the shape of a heart. My boyfriend loves fraisier and when I saw this fraisier in a heart shape, I took it. It’s expensive but it’s worth it.
I also bought 4 macaroons cause I never tried that. $ 1.35 each. Wow that’s expensive. It’s too sweet and it’s not my favorite. I won’t buy that. I was curious to know what it tastes and now I know.
I bought this cute monkey for my son for Valentine’s Day 🙂
And here’s a photo of my son with my boyfriend’s dressing gown.
My cat is so nice, I love him. Look at him with his big tongue out. 🙂
Ohhhh the tooth! Be careful!
OUCH! LOL I was laughing
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway of Love Veggies and Yoga 🙂
Last week we went shopping and bought some new clothes to my son. The same evening, he tried this outfit. This is how we plan to dress him for Christmas. He is so cute and proud of this.
And here is my boyfriend with our small rabbit. She’s so cute and nice. She likes to lick us in the face. She’s a lionhead rabbit.
There is a giveaway of Sugar cookie Sleigh Ride Tea on the blog of Rhodey Girl Tests.