It’s been maybe over a year since I wanted to have a waffle maker. I have almost all small appliances but this one I didn’t have. So I asked my boyfriend a waffle maker. I saw the one from Cuisinart and that’s the one I wanted and I got it 😀
He gave it to me only when we were back in Montreal (on Saturday). So I was looking for recipes to try. And on Sunday I made this recipe :
Basic Batter Waffles
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups milk (I particularly like canned evaporated milk for some of it) (I used what I had : 2% fat milk)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour (you can substitute wheat germ for 1/4 cup of white flour) (all white for me)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I always omit salt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (optional) (I didn’t use it)
This morning I tried another recipe that caught my attention yesterday.
Waffle of Insane Greatness
from the blog of Inn Cuisine
Click here for the recipe 🙂 This recipe is even better than the one I made on Sunday. And it’s so easy to do. Just wait 30 minutes.
I can’t wait to try more waffles recipe. For the next weeks I’ll be looking for healthier, low-fat waffles recipe. Does that exist? LOL
On Sunday I was looking through a cookbook of Cooking Light and I decided to try this recipe. But I used dried cranberries cause it’s cheaper. It’s really good.
Pork Medallions With Cherry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces pork tenderloins, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add pork slices. Seal bag; shake well. Remove pork from bag, shake off excess flour.
- Combine apple juice and next 4 ingredients in a 2-cup glass measure; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan.
- Add apple juice mixture to pan; bring to a boil, scrapping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return pork to pan, reduce heat and cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with green onions.
Yesterday I made this syrup to top pancakes. I loved this syrup. If you love peanut butter and maple syrup, don’t hesitate to try this recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon vegetable oil or cooking spray
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until frothy.
- Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium speed just until blended. (You may have a few lumps, but don’t worry about it).
- You can also mix this together using a wooden spoon or whatever you have.
- Heat lightly greased griddle at 350 degrees.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with tiny bubbles and the batter is set, about 4-6 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 4 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Peanut Butter Maple Syrup
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup peanut butter
- Combine syrup and peanut butter in sauce pan.
- Heat, stirring until smooth and heated through.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, toast, rice, etc. Try this in hot chocolate too!
… to be on vacation! Yesterday I made a Baileys Mint Chocolate Martini. I added a bit more vodka and it was so yummy. I love mint and chocolate together. I made the mistake to buy chocolate with mint. The box is almost empty.
Now I’m eating breakfast : ham, swiss cheese and egg on a burger bun. I grilled it on my panini grill. And I’m course I’m having my strong coffee. Coffee has to be strong.
After we’re going out shopping again. We have a few gifts to buy. We’re going to see Santa Claus and we hope that our son will want to sit on him to take a photo.
I wish you all a great weekend and Happy Holidays 🙂
My cat is so nice, I love him. Look at him with his big tongue out. 🙂
Ohhhh the tooth! Be careful!
OUCH! LOL I was laughing
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway of Love Veggies and Yoga 🙂
Last week we went shopping and bought some new clothes to my son. The same evening, he tried this outfit. This is how we plan to dress him for Christmas. He is so cute and proud of this.
And here is my boyfriend with our small rabbit. She’s so cute and nice. She likes to lick us in the face. She’s a lionhead rabbit.
There is a giveaway of Sugar cookie Sleigh Ride Tea on the blog of Rhodey Girl Tests.
Lately I didn’t cook a lot. I was tired a lot and last weekend I got a big headache from Saturday to Sunday afternoon.
I did a wonderful recipe of spaghetti. The sauce is amazing. There is bacon in it. Wow! And I ate the last serving at lunch 😦
The previous weekend I made Budget-Friendly Homemade Cereal.
Besides that, on Sunday I made a Flax Seed Bread but it was a failure. It probably rised too much so it went flat and with a hard texture. Or maybe my son jumped beside the oven and it made it flat. I’ll have to try it again later.
I put a steak in a marinade with beer on Sunday and we cooked it only yesterday. 48 hours was too much. And also we were too lazy to cook it on the barbecue, so it was cooked in a skillet. Wrong idea! I’m sure this marinade is great when the steak is in the marinade a few hours and cooked on the barbecue. I’ll have to try it again.
There is a giveaway to win a free case of chips just there.