I made this soup 2 weeks ago and unfortunately I made only half the recipe. It’s so good. I should have made the whole recipe.
It’s a great filling soup. It was perfect for lunch.
Italian Sausage and Eggplant Soup
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I used spicy italian sausage)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 8 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 carrots, scraped and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt (no salt for me)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Brown the sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles; drain.
- Add the olive oil and onion. Cook over medium heat until the onion is getting tender. Add the garlic and continue to cook until tender.
- Add eggplant, cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add the tomato and the next 8 ingredients (up to the oregano leaves, stopping before the wine); bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 2 hours. (Stir occasionally).
- Stir in wine, macaroni, and pepper; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until the pasta is done.
- Ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Top each serving with grated Parmesan cheese.
My son got 5 years old on October 24. We celebrated him at the daycare on the Friday.
And on Saturday my boyfriend’s father invited us to celebrate him. On this photo it’s my mom and me.