I have plenty of fresh tomatoes from my garden to use so I’m looking for different recipes.
I made a caprese salad yesterday. Very simple and easy. My boyfriend loved it.
I also made this cream of fresh tomato soup from the Barefoot Contessa that uses 4 lb of fresh tomatoes. And it’s really yummy.
And last Friday night I made this Roasted Tomato Sauce. So easy to do. And the taste is great. wow! Next time I’ll double the recipe.
Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and dump them into a roasting pan or a baking sheet with sides.
- Chop up half an onion and a few cloves of garlic per pan, or more if you like, and dump that in too.
- Coarsely chop some fresh basil and add that.
- Stir this all together and spread it out evenly; crowded is fine but no more than a single layer.
- Drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes collapse and the skins look browned and wrinkly. Let the pan cool and then scrape everything into a blender or food processor and puree. Use or freeze.
These muffins are great! Amazing. You really should try them. Usually I don’t do toppings. But I made this one. The taste is really good with the butter, sugar and lemon zest. WOW!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled (I used canola oil)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- Place 2/3 cup sugar and lavender in food processor; pulse 30 to 60 seconds (pulse longer for a more intense lavender flavor).
- Sift through strainer into medium bowl to remove any large pieces of lavender.
- Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well-blended.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon peel. (Milk will curdle and thicken slightly.)
- In another medium bowl, lightly beat egg; whisk in 6 tablespoons melted butter and milk mixture.
- Make well in center of flour mixture; pour in egg mixture.
- Stir just until blended. Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Mine took only 15 minutes)
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In another small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Dip tops of muffins in 1/4 cup melted butter; dip in sugar mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Hi 🙂 It’s been a while since I posted. I was on vacation for the last two weeks. One day we decided to buy a new kitten. So we spent almost 6 hours trying to find a cat we would like. And we finally chose this little kitten that is so adorable. We name him Garfield because of his color and also cause my son likes to watch this movie.
Then we went to visit my parents in Lac-Megantic (small town in Quebec).
The lake is beautiful :
If you want to see more photos click here.
We also visited Omega park in Montebello, near Gatineau. It’s amazing there. The animals are great. We saw wolves, my boyfriend was so happy as it’s his favorite animal besides cats. I still haven’t have the time to upload the photo. After we visited the Montebello Castle. Wow! So impressive!
To see more photo click here.
And we also made a few trips to Ikea. We changed our bed, duvet cover and my got also a duvet cover (he wanted this one so much that the next day we went back without him to buy him).
I haven’t cook a lot during my vacation. And when I did, I didn’t always took photo.
I made this bacon recipe, so wonderful. But again I didn’t take a photo. You really have to try this.
We also made these Garlic Lemon Potatoes on the bbq. My boyfriend really loved them.
I made these Vegetable Quesadillas. So yummy and easy to do.
My son is now at a new daycare. A big one. They are 10 in his group. He was used to go at a familial daycare with only 5 kids but the last months they were only 3. He really likes this new daycare.
Have a nice weekend 🙂 I’m going to cook wonderful recipes this weekend. I have full of tomatoes and cucumbers to use from my garden. Do you have great recipes to use tomatoes / cucumbers? I have to find different recipes. 🙂