My boyfriend likes to eat couscous. Me too but it always depends on how it’s served. When I saw this recipe with roasted veggies, I knew we’d love it. And it was really good. In one meal, it was gone. No leftover! It’s healthy.
I’m not with WW but the person wrote : this recipe contains a total of 11 1/2 points.
Healthy Couscous With Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables (WW)
2 servings (Main dish) or 4 servings (side dishes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper (I used red)
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (I used fat-free reduced sodium)
- 1 cup couscous
- Heat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Put the olive oil and garlic in a roasting/ baking pan.
- Finely dice the red onion into small chunks and add to the pan. Stir and cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the yellow bell pepper and zucchini. Add these to the pan, with the Cavenders seasoning. Stir, cover with aluminum foil and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil and put the veggies back in the oven for a further 10 minutes until just starting to char around the edges.
- While the veggies finish cooking, make the couscous- heat the chicken broth in a jug or bowl, add the couscous and cover with the foil. Let sit until done.
- When cooked, fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Remove the veggies from the oven, add the couscous, stir and serve hot!