Ricardo is one of my favorite chef. I have all of his food magazines. I’ve never been disappointed with his recipes. Last week I tried hiw pork roast with yellow potatoes. This was so yummy.
Pork Roast with Yellow Potatoes
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 4 h
- 1 shoulder pork roast, about 2 kg (4 lbs), with the bone and rind
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) dry mustard
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth or water
- 8 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved or quartered
- Salt and pepper
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 170 °C (325 °F).
2. With the tip of a knife, make incisions in the roast and insert the garlic slices.
3. In a large pan, preferably enameled cast iron, brown the roast in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
4. In the same pan, brown the onions with the mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broth and return the roast to the pan. Cover and bake for about 3 hours and 30 minutes or until the meat falls easily off the bone. Keep the roast warm on a plate, covered with aluminum foil.
5. In the same pan, bring the broth and potatoes to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are tender. Add water, if needed.
6. Serve the roast, cut into pieces, with the potatoes.