If you like macaroons or anything with lime then you’ll probably like these coconut peaks. You can add chocolate on top but I omitted it. It’s so yummy.
20 large peaks
- 1/4 cup butter, this is 3 tbsp of melted butter, I would say that you could get away with 2 1/2 tbsp melted butter (50 g)
- 2 eggs, if your eggs are very large I would recommend that you only use 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sugar (85 g)
- 2 2/3 cups sweetened coconut (I used unsweetened coconut)
- 2 tablespoons lime peel (or lemon peel, I used 1 tbsp and added an extra tbsp of coconut)
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (or your preferred chocolate type)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter.
- In a bowl mix egg and sugar. Add coconut, lime peel and melted butter.
- Let the mixture set for 10 minute.
- Form the peaks using 2 spoons (or one spoon and fingers) and place peaks on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Large peaks – bake for approx 10-11 min or until golden.
- Small peaks – bake for approx 7-8 min or until golden.
- If using – melt chocolate of your choice and dip bottoms of the peaks and let cool or drizzle chocolate on top of peaks.