I have a cold since 2 weeks. I’m so tired of it. A friend at work tried oil of oregano and made us try it. It was great. My throat was aching and with it, it was better. So I had to buy a bottle of this fabulous product. It’s natural. And expensive. But it’s worth it. The next day, I was going back to buy 2 more bottles. One for my boyfriend and one for my mother as a gift. Two days ago, my son was coughing a lot while sleeping so I decided to put 2 drops of oil of oregano with maybe only 4 ounces of pineapple juice. He drank it. But the last sip was kind of strong. He made a funny face like it was disgusting. After that, he didn’t cough for the remaining night.
This week I tried 2 hot beverages. They’re so yummy that I wanted to share with you.
The first one is good to soothe a coughs, colds and indigestion.
The taste is great and it’s very comforting.
Soothes Coughs, Colds & Indigestion
- 8 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine 8 ounces of pineapple juice, 2 teaspoons of honey and ginger heat over low flame till warm.
- Sit back under a blanket and sip for soothing relief.
This one has a very good taste if you like the taste of molasses. I made it yesterday and drank it in only 2 minutes. It was too good. This morning I made another one instead of coffee. This is full of iron. So this is great!
Molasses – Iron Builder
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses (I used regular molasses)
- 1 cup hot water or 1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- Mix blackstrap molasses in a cup of hot water or milk.