Since it was really hot and humid, I tried to do most cooking outside on the bbq. Yesterday we made these asian green beans on the bbq.
Asian Grilled Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced (I used green onion)
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered (next time I’ll add more)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans, onion and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 inches square); fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until beans are tender, turning packets over once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.