Yesterday I made this rice pilaf. I had to add another cup of chicken broth and add a 5 minutes of cooking. But it was perfect after that. With the cheese in it at the end, it’s almost a risotto to me. So creamy and tasty.
No Zee French Rice Pilaf
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth (1 more cup after simmering 10 minutes cause there was no liquid left and the rice was not done yet)
- salt (for us, no salt was needed)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese like parmesan cheese, but don’t be afraid, gruyere, manchego, all cheese is worthy of worship (I used an italian cheese : Fontal)
- In 3 quart pan melt butter and saute onion and garlic until onion is limp.
- Add the 1 cup rice and continue to cook for 10 minutes or so, being careful to stir, until grains of rice are lightly browned and look opaque.
- Pour in chicken broth, bring to boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until rice is tender, stirring a few times.
- Stir in cheese! Add salt to taste before serving.