I made this recipe and used boneless skinless chicken thighs. I let it marinate overnight. The flavors and great and it was so tender. Of course, we cooked them on the bbq.
Chicken in Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
- 8 chicken breasts, Medium
- 1 small onion, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 green onions, Chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, Crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt (I omitted it)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (I omitted it)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, Finely Chopped
- tabasco sauce, To Taste
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Marinate chicken in half the sauce for 3 hours or overnight.
- Put remaining marinade aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade, place chicken in foil-lined pan and broil until nicely browned about 20 minutes per side, or grill on the bbq.
- Heat reserved marinade and pour over chicken. Serve.