I bought a big bag of medium couscous at Bonanza. I think it’s 1 kg. Only 9,49 $ So I plan on trying more couscous recipes. This is not something I liked a few years ago. But now I’m learning to like it. Yesterday after I tasted this recipe, I was always saying wow after each bite. My son loved it. But on his second bite, he probably ate chili flakes and he said it was spicy. So I’ll do it again without chili flakes just for him 🙂
Spiced Vegetable Couscous
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock or water (I used chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (I omitted it)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup couscous (I used medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Combine chickpeas, carrots, zucchini, onions and olive oil in a pot, add stock, parsley, paprika, chili flakes and salt to taste.
- Bring to boil and sprinkle in couscous.
- Stir around, add raisins, cover and remove from heat, let sit 5 minutes, uncover and stir again.