This is one yummy side dish. It’s just a little bit sweet. You have to try this.
Brussels Sprouts, Baby Carrots and Pecans in a Maple Sauce
Serving : 4 cups
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts, halved (trimmed of ends and outer leaves peeled)
- 1 cup baby carrot, halved (lengthwise)
- 1 cup pecan halves (I used chopped pecans)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I omitted it)
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan ;cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pecans and chili powder in butter for 2-3 minutes. Drain vegetables;add to pecan mixture. Stir in the maple syrup , vinegar and salt. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.