My son had apple pie at the daycare a few weeks ago. And he told me he would like that I do an apple pie for him. So when I saw this recipe, I had to make it. I already had a pie crust in the freezer that was waiting for a recipe.
This pie is so yummy. We finished it yesterday.
Apple Pie (French Style)
- 4-5 cups apples, pealed and sliced (I used Cortland apples)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 frozen ready-made pie crust
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and apples together in a bowl.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Make topping by mixing brown sugar and flour together, add butter and mix till crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over pie.
- Place in oven for 45 – 55 minute.
- *note place foil ring around pie crust edges so crust doesn’t burn!