On Monday I made this recipe at the last minute. Cause I had a leftover of baguette, 1 roma tomato and of course all the other ingredients. It was very easy to do. And so tasty. Usually I’m not the one to try recipes with mayonnaise when it involves some cooking after. So I was quite amazed at how delicious this recipe turned out. Even my son ate 2 slices of it. He loved it also.
- 1 cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup half fat mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s)
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 whole grain baguette, cut into 18 – 24 1/4-inch slices
- Combine all ingredients except for the baguette slices, until well blended. Spread cheese mixture evenly on one side of each baguette slice.
- Place slices, cheese side up, on a grill topper (a nonstick flat grate that has many holes). Grill, with lid down, over low heat on barbeque for 3 to 5 minutes, or until bread is is lightly toasted and cheese is melted.
- These can also be baked in the oven at 350F or broiled, until lightly browned.
I’m trying lots of new recipes these days (in fact I’m always trying new recipes cause I don’t do a recipe more than once. It can happen but not very often) I’m playing Pick A Chef on RecipeZaar. We adopt “babies” (chefs). We commit to do 3 recipes of each one. It’s a lot of fun. So far, I adopted 9 babies. I have until end of April to complete the recipes I choose to make.
RecipeZaar is now free. It’s easy to create an account. Come take a look at Pick A Chef. Then after Pick A Chef, it’s going to be Zaar World Tour. My favorite event. We do recipes from different region of the world and at the end, we can win prizes. So fun! I was captain last year.
I wish you all Happy Easter!