I love jalapeno poppers. It’s been a while since I made that. I think soon I’m going to do some jalapeno poppers.
Here is one I made and that was really good and spicy.
Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- 9 fresh jalapenos
- 1 ounce low-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, already made up
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- Wear plastic gloves, wash off outside of jalapenos, cut off tops, slice in half lengthwise, deseed, and cut out the white membrane the best you can.
- Mix together the cream cheese, ranch salad dressing, and cheese.
- Fill peppers with salad mixture.
- Wrap each pepper in bacon.
- Set on rack so that later the popper is out of the dripping bacon grease, put rack on plate, and refrigerate for 3 hours or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set rack inside a cookie sheet that has edges to catch the drippings.
- Bake about 35 minutes, or until bacon is done.