I wanted a martini but with blood orange juice. I found one of Food Network. It’s really good and potent. But next time I may add more blood orange juice. I was too lazy to take a photo. But it’s red and beautiful.
Blood Orange Martini
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec or flavored orange liqueur
- 2 ounces blood orange juice
- 2 blood orange slices
In a martini shaker combine all ingredients except the orange slices with a generous amount of ice. Shake vigorously for a few seconds. Strain the libation from the ice into a martini glass. Garnish with the orange slices.
You like margarita and martini? They you’ll probably like this one. It’s very yummy.
Grapefruit Margarita Martini
- juice of 1/2 large grapefruit (I used Oasis pink grapefruit juice but didn’t measure, probably between 1-2 ounce)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon superfine sugar, plus more for rimming glass
- 1 1/2 ounces of silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange-flavored liqueur
Place superfine sugar, grapefruit and lime juice in cocktail shaker and swirl until sugar mostly dissolves. Pour in tequila, liqueur and at least 4-6 cubes of ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain in sugar rimmed martini glass and garnish with lime wedge or grapefruit section.