I made this recipe a lot. With chicken legs, with boneless skinless chicken breasts. I always prefer to use a part without skin and without bone. I took the recipe in Recettes du Quebec a few years ago.
I like how easy it is. You put the chicken in the dish. Mix the sauce ingredients and pour on the chicken. That’s it!
- 1-2 lb boneless skinless chicken legs or boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (you can use more if you like it spicy a lot)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (optional) or celery seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (you can use more also)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- red chili pepper flakes (optional) (I like to add a good teaspoon but now with my son I can’t add it)
- Put chicken legs in a baking dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients. Pour the sauce over chicken legs.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven of 325 F for about 2 hours. If you use boneless chicken breasts, it may be less than 2 hours. I don’t remember. Baste a few times with the sauce.