I took this recipe on Recettes du Québec. It’s yummy with pork, chicken and even beef. The marinade is enough for 2 pork tenderloin. You can put your meat in the marinade and freeze for later.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar (I always use 3)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- Mix everything in a bowl or a ziplock bag. Put the meat in it for at least 1 hour. But it’s really yummy overnight. And I even let some pork tenderloin in it for 48 hours. I like to cut the pork tenderloin in slices lenghwise. That way it absorbs more marinade.
- Cook on the bbq but it can also be cook in oven or in a skillet. You can brush with the remaining marinade while it cooks.