I made this recipe on Sunday. I was doing it for my boyfriend. I tasted it and decided to have it for me also. It’s really yummy. Full of veggies and healthy. I had this for lunch today and decided to do another batch tonight.
Tonight I added near 1 lb of snow peas. And more water chestnuts. Since my chicken was thawed, I diced it finely.
Chop Suey Con Casuy
- 1 large skinless chicken breast half (I used 1 boneless skinless chicken breast)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (reduced-sodium for us)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil (used olive oil)
- 1 head cabbage, cut into pieces (I didn’t use 1 head, maybe 1/2 or 1/4 and finely chopped cause I don’t like when it’s crunchy)
- 1 carrot, cubed (finely)
- 1/4 cup water chestnut, quartered (I used 3/4 cup, sliced tonight to not waste the leftover)
- 10 mushroom pieces (that’s a 8 ounces package)
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 ounces cashews, toasted (it’s good with it but we prefer without the cashews)
- Cut chicken breasts into paper thin slices. Combine with cornstarch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and egg white.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetables and saute for 3 minutes. Add remaining soy sauce. Transfer to platter and set aside.
- Add remaining oil into same skillet and turn to high heat. Saute chicken for 2 minutes until cooked.
- Return cooked vegetables to skillet. Add hot broth. Stir to combine all ingredients thoroughly. Cook for one minute. Garnish with cashews.