I love to try different recipes with salmon. If you don’t want to do the veggies, you can just do the salmon or use trout. The little glaze is so delicious.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs bok choy, halved lengthwise, the slice crosswise in 1 -in . strips
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 (5-6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade (I used reduced-sugar marmalade)
- toasted sesame seeds
- Heat broiler.
- Heat oil in a a large, deep oven proof nonstick skillet.
- Add 1 tbls ginger and the garlic; cook over low heat a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add bok choy, mushrooms and carrots.
- Stir-fry 4 to 6 minutes, until bok choy and carrots are crisp-tender.
- Remove to a serving bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Place salmon skin side down in skillet,
- In a small cup, mix remaining 1 tbls ginger, the soy sauce and marmalade.
- Spoon about half of soy sauce mixture over salmon.
- Broil 4 to 6 minutes until salmon is just cooked through.
- Drizzle with remaining soy sauce mixture and serve with the vegetables.
- Top with sesame seeds, if desired.