Last week I made this recipe from Taste of Home.
This is quite good. Even my son loved it.
Ham Mushroom Fettucine
From Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking
- 12 ounces uncooked fettucine (I used whole wheat spaghetti)
- 3/4 lb fully cooked lean ham, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free evaporated milk (I used skim milk)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in oil until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet; saute for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes longer. Stir in the flour, rosemary and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add peas and sour cream.
- Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Drain fettuccini; stir into the mushroom mixture. Add ham; heat through.