For the weekend of Valentine’s Day (yeah for me it was all weekend), I made the healthy oatmeal pancakes on Saturday morning and Sunday morning it was these healthy French Toast. Both breakfast were yummy. And I loved how easy were the French Toast.
I made it with only 4 slices of bread. And we didn’t add maple syrup cause it’s already sweet with the honey and the flavor is great.
I made a little heart with whipped cream. 🙂
Orange-Cinnamon French Toast
From Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking cookbook
6 servings (1 slice each serving)
- 2-4 tablespoons butter, melted (I used 3 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 6 slices bread
- additional honey (optional)
- In a bowl, combine butter, honey and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan; spread to coat the bottom of pan. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice and salt if desired. Dip bread into egg mixture and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter; serve with honey if desired.