I’ve tried a few times feta and it’s a cheese I don’t like. But in a spread like that, I like it. This spread (dip for us) is so good. Next time I have to do a spicy dip with feta. If you have a wonderful recipe that is spicy with feta and hot peppers, can you share please?
Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Spread
Serving : 1 cup
- 2 red peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded (I used the ones in jar)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 250 g feta cheese (I used greek feta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor, puree reasted peppers, garlic and cayenne.
- Add feta and olive oil, pulse until just blended.
- Serve with grilled pita bread, crackers, French bread chunks or baguette slices.
And I wanted to serve it with grilled pita bread, so I preheated the oven to 350 F. I cut 2 pita bread in 6 wedges each. Put on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Let cook near 15 minutes, checking them each 5 minutes. When I removed them, I brushed them with olive oil and sprinkled dried oregano. Yummy. This is how Peter told me to try it.
Speaking of Peter, I made one of his recipes yesterday. And this is so yummy. We loved it.
This dish has mushroom, gruyere cheese, hot peppers… To see more, click on this link to see his recipe. Thanks Peter 🙂 I’ll do it again.