This is another winning recipe from Ricardo. Greens are good for our health? Then this soup is perfect. I don’t like broccoli but in this soup it’s yummy. This is very simple. For a complete meal Ricardo suggests to add chickpeas. Great idea! I love to bring soups for my lunch at work. But I need filling and low-cal soup. Sure I don’t eat only that. Today I had iceburg salad with raw chopped veggies (celery, carrots, green/red bell peppers), topped with italian dressing (5 cal/tablespoon). I had a big bowl of this salad.
There is 2 tablespoon of pesto in this soup. It makes it so tasty.
- 1 cup green beans, cut in pieces of 1/2 inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock (I used low-fat low-sodium)
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- (I added 1 cup of chickpeas)
- In a saucepan, brown the green beans in oil about 4 minutes at medium heat. Add remaining veggies and keep cooking 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and pesto. Bring to boil and let simmer until the broccoli is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pepper.