It’s a dish that is very popular in Quebec. We call it : Croustade aux pommes.
I know that it’s made also in the US and other places. But I wanted to share this simple recipe 🙂
Cinnamon Apple Crumble
Recipe from RecipeZaar
- 4 cups peeled cored & thinly sliced baking apples
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (divided) (I love cinnamon so I add more cause I omit nutmeg)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (I omitted it
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) (Like I said in my previous post of Sugar pie, I always use dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter (always unsalted for us because of my boyfriend)
- 1/2 cup oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 2 quart glass baking dish (or clay baker is fine too).
- Combine apples and orange juice in a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon; toss to coat apples.
- Spoon apple mixture into prepared dish.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is coarse and crumbly and then stir in oats.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until apples are tender.