On Sunday I was looking through a cookbook of Cooking Light and I decided to try this recipe. But I used dried cranberries cause it’s cheaper. It’s really good.
Pork Medallions With Cherry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces pork tenderloins, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add pork slices. Seal bag; shake well. Remove pork from bag, shake off excess flour.
- Combine apple juice and next 4 ingredients in a 2-cup glass measure; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan.
- Add apple juice mixture to pan; bring to a boil, scrapping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return pork to pan, reduce heat and cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with green onions.