Hi everyone So sorry to have not written since January. I made so many recipes since then and great ones.
Like this wonderful dip. I prefer to eat fruits with a dip than without. And I love Kahlua
Kahlua Dip for Fruits
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, slowly add kahlua, cream & sugar; beating well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with almonds when ready to serve.
I have a new hobbies since February. I’m knitting
I love it. Each time I go shopping, I have to look for yarn and each time I buy a few. Last week I bough for 40 $ of yarn. I really must stop buying yarn.
For now I’m knitting dishcloth. But I still haven’t use them. They’re too cute to be used and get dirty. LOL
I’m now a member on Ravelry.com and I find so many free patterns. If you’re on Ravelry, feel free to add me
Here is what I knitted lately :
Do you knit or crochet? I ordered crochets on ebay and should receive them really soon. I want to learn.
Do you read knitting blog? What is your favorite? Please share with me
I had some ricotta to use and I tried 2 wonderful recipes. If you like ricotta like I do, you really have to try that.
This one is with lemon zest and tastes really good.
Lemon Zest Ricotta
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon clear vanilla extract (I used dark vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 packet artificial sweetener
- Put all of the ingredients in an electric blender or food processor; cover, whirr until smooth.
If you want a snack or dessert, this one is also so easy to do. And you can do just a few or more. It’s really easy. No need to measure ingredients.
Quick Or Instant “Cheesecake”
- 4 whole wheat honey graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 teaspoons jam (I used reduced-sugar strawberry jam)
- Spread each graham cracker with 1 tablespoon part-skim ricotta cheese and 2 teaspoons jam.
Question for you Do you like ricotta? My boyfriend doesn’t like the taste and texture of it. Both desserts I posted, he didn’t like.
What recipes you like that use ricotta? I’m curious
Hi everybody! It’s been a while since I’ve written here. As a new resolution for the new year, I’ll try to write more often. After all, I try so many wonderful recipes.
By the way, I wish you all an Happy New Year 2011! I wish you health. After that, it’s easier to have something else.
Me and my son were sick from beginning of November through last week. I just hope that he’s going to be better really soon. He’s so fragile to catch a cold and viruses like that.
Last week, I bought the new magazine of Ricardo. When I saw his recipe of gratin onion soup with tomatoes, I knew I had to try it real soon. I’m so glad I did cause it’s really yummy. Very different with the addition of grape tomatoes and port wine.
Gratin Onion Soup with Tomatoes from Ricardo
- 8 cups vidalia onions or 8 cups red onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 4 cups beef stock or 4 cups chicken stock (I used beef stock)
- 14 ounces cherry tomatoes or 14 ounces diced tomatoes (I used fresh cherry tomatoes)
- 6 slices baguette , lightly toasted
- 1 1/2 cups gruyere cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion slowly in butter until caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Deglaze with port wine. Add stock and tomatoes. Bring to boil and let simmer about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Put the oven rack in the middle of oven. Preheat to broil.
- Put the soup in oven-proof bowls. Put slices of toasted bread on soup and sprinkle with cheese. Broil in oven until melted and golden.
I made this soup 2 weeks ago and unfortunately I made only half the recipe. It’s so good. I should have made the whole recipe.
It’s a great filling soup. It was perfect for lunch.
Italian Sausage and Eggplant Soup
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I used spicy italian sausage)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 8 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 carrots, scraped and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon salt (no salt for me)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Brown the sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles; drain.
- Add the olive oil and onion. Cook over medium heat until the onion is getting tender. Add the garlic and continue to cook until tender.
- Add eggplant, cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add the tomato and the next 8 ingredients (up to the oregano leaves, stopping before the wine); bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 2 hours. (Stir occasionally).
- Stir in wine, macaroni, and pepper; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until the pasta is done.
- Ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Top each serving with grated Parmesan cheese.
My son got 5 years old on October 24. We celebrated him at the daycare on the Friday.
And on Saturday my boyfriend’s father invited us to celebrate him. On this photo it’s my mom and me.
I have a cold since 2 weeks. I’m so tired of it. A friend at work tried oil of oregano and made us try it. It was great. My throat was aching and with it, it was better. So I had to buy a bottle of this fabulous product. It’s natural. And expensive. But it’s worth it. The next day, I was going back to buy 2 more bottles. One for my boyfriend and one for my mother as a gift. Two days ago, my son was coughing a lot while sleeping so I decided to put 2 drops of oil of oregano with maybe only 4 ounces of pineapple juice. He drank it. But the last sip was kind of strong. He made a funny face like it was disgusting. After that, he didn’t cough for the remaining night.
This week I tried 2 hot beverages. They’re so yummy that I wanted to share with you.
The first one is good to soothe a coughs, colds and indigestion.
The taste is great and it’s very comforting.
Soothes Coughs, Colds & Indigestion
- 8 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine 8 ounces of pineapple juice, 2 teaspoons of honey and ginger heat over low flame till warm.
- Sit back under a blanket and sip for soothing relief.
This one has a very good taste if you like the taste of molasses. I made it yesterday and drank it in only 2 minutes. It was too good. This morning I made another one instead of coffee. This is full of iron. So this is great!
Molasses – Iron Builder
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses (I used regular molasses)
- 1 cup hot water or 1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- Mix blackstrap molasses in a cup of hot water or milk.
In the last month, I discovered BLT sandwiches. Delicious. Since then, when I see a BLT recipe I want to try it.
Last week, I saw BLT Pasta on the blog of Megan’s Cookin’ I knew I had to try it. I made it yesterday with bucatini pasta. This is so delicious. But I won’t buy bucatini pasta ever again. I don’t like it as much as I like spaghetti.
You really have to try this recipe. The original recipe comes from Kathleen.
Do you have BLT recipes to suggest me?
2 weeks ago we went to the Orchard to pick fresh apples. We were back home with 18 pounds of Cortland apples. My favorite are Empire but it was too early in the season. So I’ll have to go back soon And also I used all these apples in these recipes :
Honey Roasted Applesauce (my son really liked this one)
Puffed Apple Pancake (so yummy, it was perfect for the mornings before going to work, just reheat in the microwave)
Crock Pot Applesauce (great taste, and the smell was amazing while cooking)
Scalloped Apples Ann (great dessert easy to do and not too sweet)
Apple Broccoli Salad (I used half yogurt and half light mayonnaise in it)
Applesauce and Peanut Butter Spread or Dip (this recipe is really good, I tried it on toasted bread this morning)
What are you favorite recipes with apples? Please share I love apple pies and apple crisp. I’ll have to do that soon
I just added a button for Email subscription