Here in Montreal, it’s been hot and humid for the last 2 days. This salad is perfect with this heat. It’s cold and refreshing. And the colors are great.
It’s great how our tastes can change as the years go by. A few years ago I tried hearts of palm and artichokes and didn’t like that. Now I like both in recipes. I can’t say I’d eat hearts of palm and artichokes only plain. Not sure yet.
Is there something you learn to like that you didn’t like before? You can share recipes in the comments
Here is the recipe for the salad :
Costa-Rican Hearts of Palm Salad
- 2 (16 ounce) cans hearts of palm
- 1/3 cup choppedred bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon choppedparsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoonDijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth (remove fat)
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- ground pepper
- very small amount salt (optional) (I omitted it)
- lettuce leaf
- Drain the hearts of palm, cut them into ½-inch pieces, and put them into a large bowl.
- Stir in the red pepper, yellow pepper, and chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, chicken broth, and olive oil. Drizzle the dressing over the hearts of palm mixture and toss gently.
- Season to taste with salt (optional) and pepper.
- Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves, spoon the salad on top and serve.
- 3 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (I used 1 lb for 3 people)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, purchased (since I used 1 lb of lean ground beef, I used only 1/8 cup of barbecue sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- cheddar cheese, grated
- Mix first 5 ingredients and form into patties. Cook by preferred method and melt cheddar cheese on top.